- Tomah Community Dinner is every Monday from 4:40pm to 5:30pm at the Tomah Masonic Lodge. 520 E Saratoga Street, Tomah. We will be serving March 25th 2019
- Neighbor for Neighbor Food Pantry, We are now collecting boxed dinners, pancake mix, jelly and instant potatoes. FOR THE MONTH OF MARCH WE ARE ASKING EVERYONE TO BRING ONE JAR OF JELLY FOR THE FOOD PANTRY. LETS SEE HOW MANY WE CAN COLLECT!!!! All other food donations and bags are still appreciated. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-6737
- Families First is a organization based in Tomah helping people find housing, clothes and other items when it is needed .608-374-4141
- Faith In Action is a faith based organization in Tomah providing grocery delivery, transportation to various appointments, shopping, caring companionship, minor repairs to their homes and seasonal yard work. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-0939 Director is Dawn Van Alstine
- This Month's Noisy Offering
March 25th 4pm (Masonic Lodge) - the UMW is seeking volunteers to chair, plan and work at this event. Please contact Cheryl Weber at (608) 372-5121 if you are interested.
SCHOOL MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Pastor Krysta has been meeting with TASD superintendent, Cindy Zahrte, Gunderson Global Partners and other community agencies to discuss ways that we might all work collaboratively to positively impact the lives of our children/youth. From those early conversations what has emerged is a need for mentoring relationships with students at Lemonweir school. Background checked adults will be paired with a student and will make a commitment to meet with their mentee one day a week during their breakfast time 7:30-8:05am for the school year.
The goal of each mentoring relationship will be to help a student transition into the school day so that they can be successful in their school environment with desired outcomes of improved academic performance, fewer disciplinary referrals, and greater display of school district values of “value self, value others, value learning.”
Will you be among those to mentor? To impact the trajectory of a student’s life? For further information, connect with Pastor Krysta at 608-372-4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- " Wheels 2 Worship "
- This is a new program to help people that want to attend church be able to use the local taxi service. for the full schedule and directions contact our church office. This service is being provided and paid for by our church and Tomah Transit. Any questions please call the church office. To make donations to this great new cause just note on your offering envelope.
Read to Success
Great Rivers United Way is looking for people to help with Read to Success, a program that matches community volunteers with students in the third grade. The volunteers are a steady, adult presence in the students’ lives and they help strengthen reading skills and an appreciation of books and reading.
The volunteers typically spend an hour in a school each week, half an hour with each of two students.
The student and tutor may take turns reading aloud and the two discuss certain aspects of the book, like “what do you think will happen next? Sometimes the two work on reading-related classwork.
The student selects a book from the classroom and United Way provides an activity bin with questions and games.
Volunteers are needed at Lemonweir Elementary School beginning in mid to late October.
To learn more, please contact Julie Nelson at (608) 796-1400 or email@example.com.
To begin the application process, please visit Great Rivers United Way’s volunteer website, Ugetconnected, at: www.ugetconnected.org. All Read to Success volunteers must pass a background check and complete training prior to being assigned their two students.
- Our church gives out an Annual Scholarship to anyone who is completing high school this current year, and/or has completed one post year of schooling. Donations may be made at any time to the scholarship fund. Just designate ‘Scholarship Fund’ on your offering envelopes. Thank you for supporting this ministry.
- The Memorial committee has available their Mary Wedin CNA Memorial Scholarship. This is available to anyone wanting to take their CNA class and exams. Applications are available at any time through the year in church office.
CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS -Every year the UMW offers scholarships for anyone interested in attending Lake Lucerne or Pine Lake summer camps. The scholarship supplements camp registration, it does not cover the full cost. For more information contact Patricia Zimmerman at (608) 372-6281. Applications available on kiosk or church office due by May 26th
- MABEL HEIL SCHOLARSHIP - conference scholarship available to any woman working to improve her education. Since 1981, over 240 women have received help. Deadline is October 1 for spring semester. Requirements and instructions are posted on the kiosk. Applicant must be an at large member of the Wisconsin UMW, fill out an application including answering one essay question, and provide two letters of recommendation as specified.