- Tomah Community Dinner is every Monday from 4:40pm to 5:30pm at the Tomah Masonic Lodge. 520 E Saratoga Street, Tomah. We are serving October 22nd.
- Neighbor for Neighbor Food Pantry, We are now collecting canned fruit, toilet paper, bar soap, shampoo, feminine hygiene products, tooth paste, tooth brushes. All other food donations and bags are still appreciated. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-6737
- Families First is a organization based in Tomah helping people find housing, clothes and other items when it is needed .608-374-4141
- Faith In Action is a faith based organization in Tomah providing grocery delivery, transportation to various appointments, shopping, caring companionship, minor repairs to their homes and seasonal yard work. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-0939 Director is Dawn Van Alstine
- This Month's Noisy Offering will go to Kupper-Ratsch Senior Center. Save your change for September 30th. We collected $183.67 for the senior center.. Thank you for all that gave!!!!!
- " Wheels 2 Worship "
- This is a new program to help people that want to attend church be able to use the local taxi service. for the full schedule and directions contact our church office. This service is being provided and paid for by our church and Tomah Transit. Any questions please call the church office. To make donations to this great new cause just note on your offering envelope.
THE GARDEN OF LOVE YIELDS VEGETABLES &
RIDES TO WORSHIP
Peggy, Peggy, Quite Contrary, how does your garden grow?With bright red tomatoes and unearthed potatoes and green string beans all in a row. Peggy Brenneke’s garden of love bears much produce which she gently harvests and brings to sell at First UM Church. All proceeds will go to support Wheels 2 Worship. Her late husband, Chuck, was a faithful driver to many who could not get to church otherwise; so she has elected to support this new ministry in his memory. Thank you Peggy for your labor of love and generosity.
WISCONSIN FLOOD RELIEF UMCOR: the United Methodist Committee on Relief is accepting contributions for relief in the wake of the devastating floods in Wisconsin. Please make checks payable to First UMC and write UMCOR Project Fund 7775 in the memo section of your check. Remember that 100% of your gift goes directly to relief!
Marshfield: Wesley United Methodist Church Building Destroyed by Fire
A fire ravaged the Wesley United Methodist Church in Marshfield on Sunday, September 2, destroying the historic 137 year old building. No one was inside the church at the time the fire started. Please pray for the Wesley congregation, their leadership and their pastor, Lourdes Magalhaes, as they move through this tragic and difficult time. Where possible, please give your congregation a chance to contribute to the restoration and rebuilding effort. We encourage people to give through their local church offering by writing a check to their local church and putting Fund 7999 Marshfield: Wesley Fire in the check memo.
- Our church gives out an Annual Scholarship to anyone who is completing high school this current year, and/or has completed one post year of schooling. Donations may be made at any time to the scholarship fund. Just designate ‘Scholarship Fund’ on your offering envelopes. Thank you for supporting this ministry.
- The Memorial committee has available their Mary Wedin CNA Memorial Scholarship. This is available to anyone wanting to take their CNA class and exams. Applications are available at any time through the year in church office.
- CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS -Every year the UMW offers scholarships for anyone interested in attending Lake Lucerne or Pine Lake summer camps. The scholarship supplements camp registration, it does not cover the full cost. For more information contact Patricia Zimmerman at (608) 372-6281.
- MABEL HEIL SCHOLARSHIP - conference scholarship available to any woman working to improve her education. Since 1981, over 240 women have received help. Deadline is October 1 for spring semester. Requirements and instructions are posted on the kiosk. Applicant must be an at large member of the Wisconsin UMW, fill out an application including answering one essay question, and provide two letters of recommendation as specified.