- Tomah Community Dinner was every Monday from 4:40pm to 5:30pm at the Tomah Masonic Lodge. 520 E Saratoga Street, Tomah. They are now serving Grab and Go Meals. They will be given out at Gloria Dei church every Monday. Food will be provided by local restaurants. This will continue until June 1st
- Tomah Food Pantry is now collecting JELLY and SYRUP. All other food donations and bags are still appreciated. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-6737
- Families First is a organization based in Tomah helping people find housing, clothes and other items when it is needed .608-374-4141
- Faith In Action is a faith based organization in Tomah providing grocery delivery, transportation to various appointments, shopping, caring companionship, minor repairs to their homes and seasonal yard work. Volunteers are always needed 608-372-0939
- The next Noisy Offering collection will be May 31st.
If you are not working and need food please contact our local food pantry. They can help you at this time. Web site is Neighbor for Neighbor 372-6737 they are open Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Community Dinners on Mondays nights at 4:30pm. Grab and Go dinners at Gloria Dei Church.
We are currently helping make masks for the hospitals. There are two bins near the drive up doors of our church. One is for donations, and for your to take materials to make the masks, the other is for your finished masks. Thank you for all your help and sewing skills. 3/27/2020
As of April 5th they have made 1400 masks Great Job!!!!!!!!!!!!
" Wheels 2 Church"
Our program to help people that want to attend church be able to use the local taxi service. for the full schedule and directions contact our church office. This service is being provided and paid for by our church and Tomah Transit. Any questions please call the church office. To make donations to this great new cause just note on your offering envelope.
Adopt-A-Highway – First UM Church has an assigned section of Hwy 16 for which we made a commitment to clean-up twice annually. What we lack is a key coordinator to organize this effort. Connect with Dean Baumgarten to learn more or to indicate you would be willing to lead this ministry of our care of the earth. There is a sign up sheet on the kiosk to indicate you would assist on clean up days.
Family Promise Group
We will be hosting the Family Promise Group on the following dates. Volunteers are needed for these dates. Please see the sign up sheet on the kiosk. If you need additional information please contact Lamont Kiefer or Pastor Krysta. July 19th-26, September 27 thru October 4th and December 13th-20th.
- Our church gives out an Annual Scholarship to anyone who is completing high school this current year, and/or has completed one post year of schooling. Donations may be made at any time to the scholarship fund. Just designate ‘Scholarship Fund’ on your offering envelopes. Thank you for supporting this ministry.
- The Memorial committee has available their Mary Wedin CNA Memorial Scholarship. This is available to anyone wanting to take their CNA class and exams. Applications are available at any time through the year in church office.
CAMP SCHOLARSHIPS -Every year the UMW offers scholarships for anyone interested in attending Lake Lucerne or Pine Lake summer camps. The scholarship supplements camp registration, it does not cover the full cost. For more information contact Patricia Zimmerman at (608) 372-6281.
- MABEL HEIL SCHOLARSHIP - conference scholarship available to any woman working to improve her education. Since 1981, over 240 women have received help. Deadline is October 1 for spring semester. Requirements and instructions are posted on the kiosk. Applicant must be an at large member of the Wisconsin UMW, fill out an application including answering one essay question, and provide two letters of recommendation as specified.